Friday, June 29, 2007

Back from Memphis

FINALLY! I am back from Memphis! For the first time ever, I was pleading to go back home early.. It was a long frustrating week for the most part. My 9s and 10s did okay.. Well one did pretty well, and the other two did okay.. But my 7s and 8s went on Wednesday.. I was in the gym literally from 7:30am until 9:15pm and did not see the sun once that day! To make matters worse, I had such HIGH expectations from this group because they are my solid, always do well group, and stupid things were happening. Things that have never happened. I guess that is what Nationals will do for you. Basically by the end of that day I had one silver medal from one of them (which I was very proud of) and a 4th, a 7th, 2-9ths, and a 10th. Not terrible but I had such hopes for more medals that day, and a NATIONAL Champion.
Surprisingly my good day was on Thursday. Almost every single person made it on the podium.It was my kids that had never been to Nationals that pulled through, and held their own. I was incredibly proud of them that day. Plus two of my girls won and are National Champions!!!
Our team totaled with 5 gold medals,all from different people which really is a good thing! I was just frustrated with a certain group that was ready, and didn't come through. Now however I have to come home and sort through the chaos of gossip that the parents decided to participate in while we were gone. Fun! I never was more convinced then this week, how much this was not a job for me!!
Stephen had a good time relaxing without me. I was so incredibly glad to see him last night, and am making it a point today to spend as much time with him doing nothing!

No comments: